The Atlantic Avenue BID, BOC Women’s Business Center, and the YWCA of Brooklyn
Brooklyn Business Mentoring Initiative
Attention: Start-up Entrepreneurs – Apply Today!
- Entrepreneurs who are Brooklyn residents, 18+ years old.
- Who are in the process of starting or have recently opened a storefront business.
- A dynamic, 4-month mentoring program that will match new entrepreneurs with mentors who are successful, retail business owners on Atlantic Avenue.
- Mentors will provide industry-specific, tailored advice on diverse business topics that mentees have identified they would like help with, such as marketing, merchandising, location selection, customer relations, and more.
- In addition, mentees will be invited to participate in business workshops and have year-round access to a business counselor through BOC Network.
- March 2015 through June 2015
- The program will occur at retail store and project locations in the downtown Brooklyn area.
- CLICK HERE to fill out the attached application form and email the completed form and supporting documents firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are due Friday January 30, 2015 by 12:00 pm EST.
- Finalists will be interviewed and selected in February 2015.
Business mentors have expertise in running diverse types of businesses including: fashion, retail, specialty cookware, specialty foods, a grocery store, and more.
Only complete applications received by the deadline from qualified applicants will be considered.